After growing up in the Black Hills, Jessica knew she wanted to live and practice law in the area. She joined the firm as an associate in 2009 and became a partner in 2017.
Jessica was born and raised in Deadwood, South Dakota. She obtained a B.S. in Business Administration with an emphasis in human resource management from Black Hills State University in 2005. She went on to graduate from the University of South Dakota School of Law, receiving her Juris doctorate in 2008. While in law school, she served as the school’s American Bar Association Representative for two years, was the Editor-in-Chief for the Great Plains Natural Resources Journal, participated in the Pace Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, and was a member of the USD Trial Team. After graduation, Jessica was a judicial law clerk for the Third Judicial Circuit of South Dakota for one year.
Jessica focuses her practice on litigation, business law, and real estate law. She works with her clients and provides assistance, guidance, and tools to help them reach their goals.
For the past several years, Jessica has been a member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee for the State Bar of South Dakota. She is also an active member of the Pennington County Bar Association.
Jessica is active in the community and has been a member of the Zonta Club of the Black Hills since 2010, serving as the President in 2016-2017. She was also a member of the Youth & Family Services Head Start Policy Council for three years. In her spare time, Jessica enjoys spending time with friends and family, gardening, and traveling.
- Geidel v. De Smet Farm Mut. Ins. Co. of South Dakota, 926 N.W.2d 478 (S.D. 2019)
- Papousek v. De Smet Farm Mut. Ins. Co. of South Dakota, 883 N.W.2d 503 (S.D. 2016)
- Johnson v. Hayman & Associates, Inc., 867 N.W.2d 698 (S.D. 2015)
- Pete Lien & Sons, Inc. v. Zellmer, 865 N.W.2d 451 (S.D. 2015)
- Lowe v. City of Hot Springs and Pete Lien & Sons, Inc., 859 N.W.2d 612 (S.D. 2015)
- Poeppel v. Lester, 827 N.W.2d 580 (S.D. 2013)
- Walter v. Fuks, 820 N.W.2d 761 (S.D. 2012)
- Robinson v. Ewalt, 808 N.W.2d 123 (S.D. 2012)
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, SD 2008
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Black Hills State University, Spearfish, SD 2005
B.S. Major: Business Administration
Minor: Political Science
- Rapanos v. United States: Asserting Clean Water Act Jurisdiction Must now be Decided on a Case-by-Case Basis, 11 GPNRJ 41
- Massachusetts v. EPA: The Supreme Court Delivers a Much Needed Breath of Fresh Air, 12 GPNRJ 58
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Pennington County Bar Association
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, State Bar of South Dakota
- American Bar Association
- Natural Resources and Environmental Law Committee, State Bar of South Dakota
- Zonta Club of the Black Hills
- Youth & Family Services Head Start Policy Council
- Youth and Family Services Kid’s Fair Volunteer
Schedule your consultation with Jessica today at (605) 777-7466.